Acts of Kindness Bingo
Want to make every day more meaningful for your family? This free printable Acts of Kindness Bingo board is a wonderful way to get everyone involved in cultivating kindness and spreading joy all year round!
It's April! The days are growing longer and warmer. April is one of our favorite months of the year. We're serious fans of that end-of-the-school-year fervor.
This time of year often gets overlooked, but it has so much going for it. It's about new growth and new life. Being with family. Looking at the world with fresh eyes. And the beginning of the best growing seasons all year. Never forget about all the amazing fresh produce about to fill our grocery stores. It's everything that's amazing about warmer weather and upcoming summer months.
Spring is so important. It's an opportunity to teach our children how to say thank-you to those that have made a difference in their lives during the school year. It's an amazing time for us to talk with our kiddos about the many people who care for them.
This year, we want to encourage you to add an element of giving to the end of the school year. After some brainstorming, Team BtB came up with combining acts of kindness with a game, chart, or to-do list. We introduced the idea to some of our favorite kids and they are really excited to get started.
Here's what you can do:
Each day, pick an act of kindness to do together or have your kids pick an act of kindness they want to complete independently. Once the tasks are complete, color in the box for that act of kindness. You can use this bingo board several times throughout the year! Each time your family gets "BINGO!", celebrate with a fun and simple family activity.
We chose these acts of kindness based on things we felt kids of all ages could participate in and find meaningful. There's something for everyone on this board.
Here they are, in no particular order:
- Give someone a hug.
- Play with a new friend at recess.
- Pick up litter and throw it away.
- Pick out something for your classroom from Beyond the Blackboard!
- Write a thank-you card for someone special.
- Say "Good morning!" to someone new at school.
- Offer to carry something for someone.
- Donate to a food bank.
- Leave a kind note for someone to find.
- Make dinner for a close friend or neighbor.
- Share a treat with your sibling.
- Share your toys (or game system, or art supplies, etc.).
- Hold the door for someone.
- Donate a book (or a copy of a book) you love!
- Say "Yes!" when someone asks you for help.
- Paint a fun rock and leave it outside for someone to find.
- Bring dessert to a neighbor.
- Compliment someone at school.
- Tell someone they did something well.
- Make a care package for a friend or family member.
- Bring your teacher a surprise.
- Let someone get front of you in line.
- Make a snack for someone in your home.
- Write a letter to a grandparent.
- FREE SPACE! What act of kindness can you think of?!
If you want something cute to go with any of your acts of kindness, check out our Laura Kelly Kindness Collection.
Print your own Acts of Kindness Bingo game by clicking on the image below. We've included a PDF of all of the acts of kindness we came up with!